AIPMA SHARES THE LOVE
AIPMA is dedicated to “sharing the love” with a variety of incredible charities and amazing organizations from around the country. From weekly “Casual for a Cause” incentives to annual events and holiday giving, sharing the love is a part of everything we do. We are very blessed and fortunate in life, and we continually try to do our part to give back. Following are a few of our most recent endeavors.
CASUAL FOR A CAUSE
Each week, AIPMA employees can choose to donate $5 in exchange for enjoying the comforts of ‘casual wear’ Fridays. These funds are gathered over the course of a quarter. At the end of the quarter, AIPMA matches the total amount donated and each employee submits their choice of charities to receive the funds. One of these charities is selected at random and becomes our next “Casual for a Cause” recipient. Since its inception in January 2013, Casual for a Cause has raised over $11,000 (not including our Make-A-Wish annual donations) for a variety of charities, including Lighthouse of Oakland County, Wounded Warrior Project, Boys and Girls Club and more.
MAKE-A-WISH HOLIDAY GIFT GIVING
In December of 2013, AIPMA decided to forego our usual holiday appreciation gifts to members and carrier partners and chose, instead, to use those funds to grant a wish to a terminally ill child in our area through the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Following the overwhelmingly, positive feedback we received, a new holiday tradition was born.
- 2017: Angelo, 7, from Oxford, Michigan wished to go to Disney World like many children. AIPMA’s employees were pleased to make that dream come true and even gave him a grand send off from the airport.
- 2016: Bailey, 11, from Clinton Township, Michigan made a wish of going on a shopping spree. AIPMA’s employees gladly made that wish come true.
- 2015: Abbas, 7, from Oakland County, Michigan also dreamed of going to Disney World for his wish. AIPMA’s employees were happy to make that dream come true and even wished him off from the airport.
- 2014: Ian, 8, from Clarkston, Michigan dreamed of going to Disney World to meet all of the princesses. AIPMA could think of no better gift for an 8-year old and granted his wish.
- 2013: Saraiah, 4, from Grand Rapids, Michigan made a wish to visit the San Diego Zoo. AIPMA was honored to make that dream come true.
AIPMA SPECIAL MEMBER/TEAM EVENTS
At AIPMA, we are always looking for ways to help spread the love. That’s why we try to incorporate our belief in sharing whenever possible – whether it be a ‘putt for charity’ challenge at our golf outing or a ‘matching raffle donation’ at one of our conferences. AIPMA especially enjoys sharing the love when we get to spend time with those that mean the most to us. During our annual AIPMA Conference, our team hosts a “Putting for a Cause” event to benefit selected charities including the Alzheimer Association and the Wounded Warrior Project. At the 2016 conference, AIPMA partnered with Foresters Financial to make care kits to donate to women’s shelters throughout Macomb and Oakland counties in Michigan.
AIPMA Supported Charities
Angels of Hope
Better Life for Canine Center
Boys and Girls Club
Capuchin Soup Kitchen
Children’s Miracle Network
Crohns & Colitis Foundation
Detroit Dog Rescue
Friends of Ryan Kennedy Foundation
Gleaners Food Bank
Lighthouse of Oakland County
Leader Dog for the Blind
Michigan Humane Society
New Beginnings Animal Rescue
Ronald McDonald House
St Jude Children’s Research Hospital
The Bonnell Foundation
The Eimer’s Foundation
Toys for Tots
Troy Athens High School
University Hills Elementary PTA
Wounded Warrior Project